Critical illness is always a shock
An illness can also be a major financial risk, which few of us know how to prepare for in advance, at least not financially. Voluntary supplementary cover is necessary, as social security alone is not enough to compensate the loss of income due to a serious illness.
Cover for critical illness gives you financial security. If you become ill, you can concentrate on what matters: getting well. The compensation is paid as a tax-free lump sum and it does not reduce any other benefits you may be receiving. You can use the money however you want to and do exactly what matters to you and your family at that moment.
Take out cover for critical illness to guarantee yourself a more carefree tomorrow. You can take out the cover separately or included in other life and death insurance cover. You can freely choose the sum insured for your critical illness cover up to EUR 100,000.
What would be a sufficient amount of insurance cover for a critical illness and how much would it cost?
Fill in the information below and the amount of compensation you would like to receive, and we will tell you the cost of the insurance cover.
This is how cover for serious illness works
- Cover for serious illness consists of a tax-free lump sum that you will receive upon being diagnosed with or treated for a serious illness.
- You can use the money as you see fit.
- Illnesses and procedures that entitle the insured to compensation are: cancer, heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, multiple sclerosis, coronary bypass surgery and organ transplant or bone marrow transplant.
- The cover can be granted to those between the ages of 20 and 64.
- In connection with the purchase, you must fill in a declaration on your state of health.
- The cover will be activated 90 days after the insurance is taken out, and it will end once you have been paid compensation or at the latest when you turn 65.
- The cover will be continued automatically for the next 10-year period after its 10-year validity, provided that the cover is still included in Mandatum Life’s offering at the time of continuation. The cover will continue without a health declaration, and in accordance with the terms and conditions and cost of the cover included in the offering at the time of continuation. The cover can be terminated at any time.
Insure yourself and pay it forward
By insuring yourself, you can help to secure the life of a disadvantaged child or youth in case of injury. We will donate a sum corresponding to some 1 per cent of the first-year insurance premiums of all of our new risk insurance customers in order to arrange accident insurance. This means that more than 1,000 children and adolescents will receive accident insurance each year.
Mandatum Life works together with the Tukikummit foundation. The assistance granted by the Tukikummit foundation supports Finnish children who are from disadvantaged families and in danger of being marginalised due to financial reasons.
Learn more about Optimi Personal Insurance
Mandatum Life's Optimi is a flexible and individual personal insurance to supplement your statutory insurance cover and make tomorrow easier for yourself and your loved ones in case of critical illness, disability or death. Your insurance needs are always linked to your life situation – be in touch with us and let us tell you more.
Our Customer Service number